Tier 3: Reminder Of Social Distancing and Safe Travel.
Make a plan:
- Allow extra time for your journey and try to travel at quiet times: After 0900 and before 1500
- Check our latest timetables before you travel www.brylaine.co.uk/timetables
- We PROVIDE HAND SANTIZER ON ALL OF OUR BUSES so please ensure you use it before taking a seat.
- Unless you're exempt, please remember to wear a face covering throughout your journey ensuring it covers your mouth and nose.
Social distancing at the bus stop:
- You must wear a face coverings when using indoor public transport hubs in England, unless you are exempt.
- To allow for social distancing buses will have limited capacity. A passenger to every double seat. (With the execption of student only education travel whereby these rule do not apply).
- Look out for other passengers who might need to travel more urgently than you.
- At bus stops, try to keep at least one metre away from anyone else in the queue.
- There may be additional signage to guide you at bus stations on how to queue.
- Let people off the bus before you get on and try to keep a safe distance between you, the driver and other customers.
- Pay by contactless, by smartcards, concessionary card or use exact change wherever possible.
Social distancing on the bus:
- Only one person can sit in a double seat, unless you’re with a member of your household or social bubble.
- You must sit diagonal to the person in the row in front and behind. You should leave the seat behind and next to them empty.
- Please leave the seat behind the driver free.
- If you are unable to wear a face covering you will be asked to sit to the rear of the vehicle. This is to protect you from multiple contacts when other passengers are boarding.
- If you’re physically able to use the top deck of the bus please do as this keeps seats free on the lower deck for people who are unable to use the stairs.
- Don't stand on the bus. There is no standing whilst under either tier restrictions or lockdown.
- Once you’re on the bus open a window, if you can, to help with ventilation.
- When leaving the bus stay seated, ring the bell and take everything with you.