Terms And Conditions
Replacing your Smartcard
- A replacement for a lost Smartcard will be ordered on request to customer services by phoning 01205 364087, emailing email@example.com or visiting 291, London Road, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 7DD
- The replacement Smartcard will have the same validity as the Smartcard it has replaced, and we will credit it with products that were stored on the lost Smartcard at the time of effective cancellation. Once cancelled, a card cannot be “re-activated”.
- If a card has not been activated or used for a period of 6 months it will be cancelled and deactivated. Once cancelled and deactivated any credit allocated to that card will not be transferred or reimbursed.
- Where your card is faulty you will need to return it to us. We will order a replacement card free of charge and will place the original products onto it. When we reasonably believe it has been deliberately damaged or misused, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £5 (subject to change) for its replacement. If we believe your card has been tampered with in any way we may withdraw it without refunding the remaining value.
- Brylaine reserves the right to retain any Smartcard which we believe has been tampered with, is being misused or which has become electronically unreadable.
- The Brylaine Smartcard remains the property of Brylaine Travel Ltd and we reserve the right to withdraw an individual card at any time.
- We have a standard refund and replacement policy for our tickets which is covered by the National Conditions of Carriage, this is available to view on our website under the Passenger Charter.
- Refunds are not to be confused with the transfer of outstanding credit from a lost, stolen, or damaged Smartcard as covered above.
Data Protection and Security of your Payment
- Brylaine takes your privacy very seriously. We will not pass your information to third parties outside of the company unless required by law. Our processes and storage of personal data is in accordance with the latest Data Protection Act legislation.
- For the Smartcard, the data we hold includes: title (Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss etc), first name, and surname, home address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and if applicable a current photograph that is used on the Smartcard.
- When using the Smartcard our internal system records the location, date and time the card was used. This information is used anonymously for our own research and development. We will never pass on the specific details of journeys made to anyone other than the registered holder of that Smartcard unless we are required to by law. Customers using the Smartcard can view details of their personal journeys made on their card using their online account, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have taken many steps to ensure the security of your payment transactions including the adoption of the payment industry standard PCI DSS. Brylaine does not hold any information about your financial transaction other than details of the type of tickets you purchase and when and where the purchase was made.
- Brylaine will only use information that you have supplied for administration (including development and maintenance of our systems); customer service, our own research, and detection and prevention of fraudulent use.
- If you have ticked the relevant box on the application form, you agree that we may also contact you to keep you updated with information about Brylaine services such as timetable changes and fare changes and also to inform you of special offers and our other related products and services. If you have accepted that you are willing to accept emails from us, you will be sent emails to your specified email address.